Full-Time Sushi Chef
Hilo Bay Cafe is seeking a full-time sushi chef to join our creative and hardworking ‘ohana.
Sushi experience is required, and applicants must have at least three years of restaurant experience, preferably in upscale contemporary dining. In addition to aforementioned experience, we are looking for the following from prospective candidates:
- A willingness to craft traditional and nontraditional sushi
- Be responsible, organized, and efficient
- Have the ability to follow directions and work quickly in a high volume environment with strong attention to detail
- Showcase excellent work ethic, communication skills, and professionalism; be self motivated
- Have a passion for food - especially local ingredients and clean flavors, a flair for creativity, and an eagerness to work in a scratch kitchen
- Be a “people person” with an aptitude for customer service and teamwork
- Bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and contribute to the shared success of the HBC crew
- Possess the ability to stand for the entire duration of shifts, maintain performance in fast environments, and lift up to 50 pounds
Reliable transportation and an ability to work nights and weekends are required.
If this sounds like you, please submit a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.